Schools are required to record and safely store information about their students and teachers. This is a task that has not changed even with the advancement of teaching techniques and technology. Such information may include;
- A student's personal details which may include his name, date of birth, address, parents phone number, medical information and more which are collected during student admission into school after which he is assigned new personal information like school registration number, dormitory, class and more.
- Attendance which is collected progressively as the student attends each class.
- Performance information which include grades and remarks on none graded exercises like sports.
- Timetable which records a student's classes for and entire term, or session.
- School fees payment records which contain mostly ticking or creating a list of students who have paid their tuition and other school fees.
Many more records are kept by the school, some of which are not directly linked to students like accounting records, store records and others.
Before today and the development of computers, schools solely kept this records on paper based books like registers, attendance and assessment sheets and more which were then filed.
There are obvious problems with this record keeping method like incorrect entries being very difficult to correct and cancellation or correction fluid leaves a mess. Also there is difficulty in searching for records as multiple files and pages need to be manually flipped especially when not well filed. Then the problem of missing and damaged files and records. Entire records can be lost forever during a fire outbreak or lack of proper storage, and backing up records can be very tedious as they would have to be copied or photocopied incurring double or triple the expense of keeping the records.
All the above challenges are solved or mitigated by the development of electronic school management systems which integrate fully with your school. An example of such elaborate systems is the Iyogera school management system developed to aid school management and enhance school activities even during a nation wide lockdown. Below is a screenshot of the mobile dashboard view with the menu showing key features.
Looking at the 'Users' menu item, this is where user management is done, like student admission, creating teachers and other staff accounts like the accountant and librarian who are most times non teaching staff, assigning permissions to staff according to their roles in school management and more. The sub-menu for 'Users' is shown below.
Next is the 'Result' menu item where student results are generated, viewed, printed and can be sent manually to parents emails. Below is the sub-menu.
Then we have the lessons menu item, which has 'live lessons' used for online classes and distant learning situations like the one necessitated by the lockdown. Then 'lessons' which is used to create lesson notes for specific subjects and classes that students can access online and read even when at home, 'tests' for creation and management of online assignments for students, 'questions' for creation of examination and test questions for students to be answered online. Below is the image of the lessons sub-menu.
Next menu item is 'academic' which is used in managing all academic sections of the school like daily attendance, class timetable, syllabus, subjects, and more as shown in the sub-menu image below.
The 'exam' menu item is where exams are being recorded, grades and promotion of students are being handled. Below is the sub-menu image.
The 'accounting' menu is for the school accountant. The accountant can manage student fees payment and expenses.
The 'library' menu item is for the librarian. Here all books in the library can be indexed and book issuance managed. Below is sub-menu image.
This is just a highlight of what Iyogera ERP can do and it is in constant development with backward compatibility, which means you can migrate from one version to another and still keep your school records and structure intact.
Get detail documentation of Iyogera ERP at https://docs.brickng.com/iyogera-details
With Iyogera, there is a storm of advantages but let's list a few that resonate with all.
- Iyogera system works online which allow parents to see their child's progress from home.
- As a school owner, you can have an overview of school reports on your dashboard and make better informed decisions from the comfort of your home without having to visit the school and flip school books.
- Easier for teachers to produce and print student reports.
- Online classes mean students can learn from a distance and schools can operate distant learning classes.
- Easy to store, modify and search records with a system wide search that will bring all related results on a search.
- Increased accountability as student fees and expenses are managed online.
Migration to a system like Iyogera might seem tedious but it's not as tedious as continued book record keeping. Migrate today with IyogeraERP at iyogera.com